Amati Research & Development exceedingly advanced, wireless, fully active integrated sound systems
Each sound system comprises, built into the base of each of the two speakers:
– Wireless data receiver
– Active crossovers
– Digital to Analogue converter 24Bit/192KHz (DAC)
– Separate active amplifiers, each matched to relevant driver
– Only one cable from each speaker to mains is required
– All functions including volume are directly wireless controlled from any computer, laptop, ipad etc.
For decades little has changed in speaker cabinet design and the materials to construct them. Virtually all speaker cabinets to date are made of wood, a composite of many cell types and molecular structures: These resonate mainly between 50 and 400hz exactly in the working area of all low frequency drivers where the pressure is highest. This unavoidably causes cabinet resonance and distortion. That, plus the obvious difficulty of shaping a complex form from wood, inspired us to seek a novel solution for optimum performance.
After extensive research and noting the imperfect characteristics of wood we designed Amati R&D custom made composite material. This combined with our moulding technique provides the perfect resonance free and acoustically correct result.
Inspired by creatures of nature we designed the “snail-shape” housing, a perfect structure that deals with the involvement of sound waves at different frequencies. In the snail design, no one side is exactly parallel to another, changing shape all the time. This makes the structure extremely strong, resonance free and avoids standing waves unlike any other man-made shape or construction. A huge internal volume of 100-litres is essential to reproduce frequencies down to 28Hz whilst keeping the design elegant.
The cabinet’s base and front rings are CNC machined out of “first grade” solid aluminum blocks, resulting in a very rigid, elegant and modern look with no externally visible screws.
Each system is custom-made and therefore can be adjusted to clients’ specifications. For any more information please don’t hesitate to contact us email@example.com
Technical specification per active unit
• Cabinet construction: Moulding techniques “Amati R&D”
• Cabinet material: Composite, designed by “Amati R&D”
• Three active amplifiers, 1 x 400 Watt 2 x 200 Watt
(A total of 1600-Watt per system)
• Woofer: 260 mm Custom made “Audio Technology Denmark”
• Midrange: 180 mm Custom made “Audio Technology Denmark”
• Tweeter: Beryllium “Scan Speak” with adjusted wave-guide
• Cabinet color: Client specification, any colour: car showroom finish
• Dimensions: H 1000mm D 800mm W 350mm (incl. base)
• Weight: 125 Kg (each fully integrated unit)
Each product comes with three-year full guarantee